What we do, tips for applying, and additional policies that we have. If you have any questions, feel free to contact a Karaoke Team Leader.
What is a Karaoke Team Member
The Hypixel Karaoke Team is responsible for hosting weekly events on the Hypixel Network for the community. Hypixel Karaoke has been running since 2013 and has had thousands of participants throughout the years. We are currently the only official community event endorsed by Hypixel Inc. We work closely with Hypixel Admins and the Hypixel Staff Team to operate our events as well. The Hypixel Karaoke Team itself is comprised of both Hypixel Staff and community members. Together, we host events, manage the Hypixel Karaoke Community Discord, operate the Hypixel Karaoke Housing plot, and work on additional projects to further engage with the Hypixel community. Being part of the Karaoke Team is an excellent way to develop leadership, moderation, and teamwork skills with a wide variety of people. If this sounds like something you are interested in being part of, we recommend that you apply!
What we are looking for in your application
- We are looking for a positive attitude towards time management, working with others, and a clear sense of maturity.
- Ideally, we like to see applicants have previous experience in moderation or teamwork. However, we also appreciate that this may be an entry level position for some candidates who are just starting to work with communities online.
- We want to see effort put into the application. Including as much detail as you feel is necessary and explaining why your skills are beneficial to the Karaoke Team and event is extremely important. It is also good to check your spelling and grammar; this shows us that you have checked your application before submitting and it is a good first impression. We do take into account though that English is not everyone’s first language.
- We are looking for a versatile candidate who is willing to approach new challenges and roles within the Karaoke Team and event openly and enthusiastically.
Important things to note
- Professionalism and your overall online persona are extremely important. As a Team Member, your actions would reflect back not only on the Hypixel Karaoke Team, but also on Hypixel as a company. Because of this, we hold our Team Members to high standards of online maturity and professionalism.
- Ensuring that your Saturdays are generally free is something to consider as well. Our Team activity policy requires that Team Members help with at least two events per month. If you do not believe you would be able to meet this requirement, then you may want to apply at a different time.
- Have a decent knowledge of our events and community. As part of the Karaoke Team, you will need to know how our events normally run and what the Karaoke community is like. We highly recommend that you attend a couple of our events before applying. This will also show us that you are interested in taking a more active role.
- After applying, please make sure you regularly check your email. During the application process, we will send you emails whenever there is an update on your application. Due to this, it is essential that you keep an eye on your email so that you do not miss any communications from us.
Requirements for applying
- Age 13 or over.
- You must have a working microphone.
- You must have access to Discord.
- You must have an email that is connected to Google that you are okay with sharing with Leaders. Please do not use a school or work email as there are sometimes issues with receiving emails.
- You must be able to help with at least 2 events per month.
- After you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the Karaoke Team Leaders. All Leaders then vote on each application and based on the decision, you will either be moved to the next stage or denied.
- If your application is accepted, you will then be invited to an interview with the Leaders. We will coordinate the time for the interview either via Discord with Boga32 (Boga32#1600) or directly through this application panel. Again, please make sure you are regularly checking your email for updates.
- After your interview, the Leaders will review the recording of your interview and then vote again based on your answers. Based on our decision, you will either be denied or accepted.
- If you are accepted into the Karaoke Team, you will be messaged via Discord by Boga32 for further information.
*Your application is only reviewed by the Leaders and stays completely private.
*If you have not received any updates on your application then that means we do not have any news for you regarding it. We respond to all applications as quickly as we can, but there can sometimes be delays for various reasons.
*Please make sure you frequently check your email so that you do not miss any updates on your application. We will always email you with updates.
- You are not allowed to ask any Team Member or community member for assistance with your application or to review it for you. Doing so may result in instant denial.
- You should only ask a Karaoke Team Leader if you have questions about the application process.
- If you are denied at any stage, you may reapply again in 30 days from when you were denied. Applying sooner may result in instant denial.
- If you do not respond to an interview invitation within 10 days of your initial invitation you will be denied.
- Submitting “troll” applications or excessively spamming applications or comments will result in being banned from applying.
- If you are denied, we cannot give out our reasons for denial. This is because sometimes those reasons contain private or sensitive information.
Good luck! It never hurts to apply!
If you are not accepted, don’t be discouraged! We recommend rereading your application and seeing what details you could add or other relevant skills you could include. We love seeing people who were initially rejected but consciously tried to improve and applied again. Best of luck to everyone who applies for this position and we hope to have you on the team! :D Again, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns don’t hesitate to ask a Leader.